16 pounds

Share this Post:

3 Comments

1. Me too I have started seeing a personal trainer 2 times a week. I have lost 16 pounds in 5 weeks! I also work 12 hour mid shifts 3 and a half days a week. I feel like I am always either at work or sleeping. On my days off I do all m y errands and running around. It is so hard to fit in my 30 min cardio everyday.
    But you just have to make the time to do it. I hate it.. but then I get on the tread mill and time just flies. I suggest either a tread mill or a cardio work out video like turbo jam. Just 30 mon a day is all you need and yu will see the pounds melting off.. with the proper diet.
    The weatherr is warming up here so I am looking forward to taking my dog to the dog park or just on walks again soon. you could do something like that too.
    If you can get out at lunch, take a brisk walk around the building, the block or what ever you have. manybe recruit a co-worker to go with you. ( I use to walk around the block of the PD till they started making dispatcher wear uni's.. with big fat police ptahces and a badge on my chest! Now I dont want to be seen as a target so I cant take my luch time walks... sigh)
    You will be amazed at how much better you feel and how much more energy you will have. with just a little added activity.
    Unfortunetly I was only able to get 20 min cardio in today. I lost track of time, but I figure 20 min os better than nothing. so if you have to start out doing 10 min twice a day, then work it up to 15.. or whatever. a little activity is better than none at all.
    congrats on your weightloss and that you stopped smoking. Your a real trooper to do both at once! KUDOS to you.

2. Some ideas: I posted this the other day:
    Keep in mind that your workout doesn't have to all be done at one time. 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there is better than nothing if you can't figure out a time to do 45 minutes at once.
    The important part is to just get moving. Do the easy things like parking in the farthest spot, taking the stairs, walking further away for lunch, keep a set of hand weights in your desk and when you're on a conference call at work, use them. Multi tasking is good. I've started carrying hand weights on my walks and I listen to music. I alternate butt clenches and ab clenches for each song so not only am I walking but I'm doing extra work on my glutes and abs.

3. What I have been using, and it's what the weight clinic recommends, I found out...
    Leslie Sansone Walk Aerobic tapes. Being a tape, or DVD, you do them at home, any time of the day, in any weather, wearing anything. The beginning one is 30 minutes. Everyone can fit it 30 minutes sometime.
    Another nice thing is it is low impact. Any age, any weight, any fitness level can start them.
    The 30 minute tape is equivalant to walking BRISKLY for two miles.
    As I built up endurance, I would walk in place while it rewound and do it again, for a total of 60 minutes and 4 miles. I've even done 90 minutes at one time. Or I'll 60 minutes in the morning and another 60 minutes in the afternoon on days I have the time.
    It's like any exercise, the more you do it, the more you want to them and you FIND the time to do it.

Leave a Comment